Vidyo Webconferencing with Mac Desktops and Laptops
Vidyo is a software platform for video web-conferencing that requires no specialised equipment, and works best with IOS OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard through to OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion. If you have a camera, headset and internet access, you can web-conference with Psychogeriatric SOS. It is easy to use, and requires a user to download a free guest-version of Vidyo Desktop.
A Psychogeriatric SOS team member will email you a link as in the picture below. Click on the link.
If you have Vidyo installed, enter your Screen Name and click Join. If not, go to point 3.
If you do not have Vidyo installed, click Accept & Download Plugin button to install the software.
A dialog box will open. Click Save File.
A second dialog box will open which will allow the computer to determine whether the sofware can be installed. Click Continue.
- Double-click the Vidyo icon that appears on your desktop.
- Return to your browser, enter your Screen Name and click Join.
If you are the first to join, you will only see yourself. If others have joined, you will be able to see them.
Vidyo Webconferencing with iPhone/iPad
A Psychogeriatric SOS team member will email you a link, as in the picture below. Click on the link.
- A Vidyo page will appear asking whether you have VidyoMobile installed.
- If you have VidyoMobile installed, click Join Conference. If not, click here.
- The VidyoMobile page will apear. Click Join.
- If you are the first to join, you will only see yourself. If others have joined, you will be able to see them.
- If you do not have VidyoMobile installed click Download on the App Store
- Download VidyoMobile to your iPhone or iPad
- Click Accept.
- Do not enter any login details
- Then exit VidyoMobile
- Return to the Psychogeriatric SOS email, and click the link.
- The VidyoMobile page will apear. Enter the screen name you would like to use, and click Join.
For PDF instructions with Mac Desktop, please click here.
For video instructions with iPhone or iPad click here.